Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Susan B (LLJL)

Today I am drinking from a mug, that has the phrase "Failure is Impossible!", and will wear a pin to work with the same words...as today, is a most special day for Women Everywhere, but most especially for those of us who live in the Rochester, NY area...

Today commemorates the Birthday of Susan B. Anthony, who worked and made her home, here, in Rochester. She was a fierce advocate and activist for the Rights of Women, and was the First US Women to have her likeness on a coin...

And those words "Failure is Impossible" were her banner and became the clarion call for all Women to stand up and raise their voices not just for the rights of Women but for Human Rights Everywhere.

As you go throughout your day today, ask yourself, how will you honor this special Sister? Give a little thought of praise and gratitude to this incredible woman, who made so many of the freedoms that we currently enjoy and may take for granted, possible...

"The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball - the further I am rolled the more I gain."~ SBA

No comments:

Post a Comment