Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I AM My Brother's Keeper

I AM My Brother's Keeper

"Give me an atheist activist over a smug & passive so-called seeker any day...A Sacred Activist knows that the profound crisis the world is in is challenging everyone to act from our deepest compassion and wisdom." ~ Andrew Harvey

Maybe one day I will reach that place of smug passive bliss, contentment & a sense of absolute knowing......
While my brothers & sisters, Beloved Mother Earth & all her children are suffering and in pain...
If that is enlightenment, then I pray God that I do not!

The illusion my friends, does not lie in the denial of what is, and the state of our world...
The illusion or delusion is that we do not bear the collective responsibility & duty to actively work towards an effective change for the greater good of ALL!

Let us not forget the clarion call of the Master Teacher, and ultimate Sacred Activist, Jesus the Christ..."Am I not my Brother's Keeper?...and "What therefore you do for the least of my brethren you do for me."

Let us not forget the lives of action and commitment that have inspired us and blessed and changed our world for the better...
And who forever more will and should be a constant reminder for us to follow their example to join them and pick up the torch so that their quest was not in vain...
Martin Luther King Jr, HH The Dalai Lama, Ghandi, John Lennon, Mother Theresa, John and Robert Kennedy, Dorothy Day, and so many others that have come before us to show us the ways of Peace, Justice and Love....
All lived their lives with a dedication to profound faith and radical action...

May then, my Prayer today, be therefore not for the achievement of personal bliss and the ecstacy of "Nirvana"...
But that I may be guided to act for and on behalf of my fellow travelers of this shared experience, in whatever way that will enhance, uplift and bring true Joy, Peace and Grace to All who reside here...
And that I may be a worthy and honorable steward to this my Beloved Mother Earth...

For while still One of Us is suffering and in pain, victims of injustice, poverty, fear or disease...

I am responsible!...

There is a song by Carole King that bears the words..."How can I go on living, while I deny my Brother's pain?"

Am I my Brothers Keeper?....
In truth, Beloved Ones, I AM MY BROTHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment