Thursday, June 23, 2011

Earth Teach Me an Earth Day Sharing (LLJL)

"Earth Teach Me" ~ a Note in honor of "Earth Day/Everyday"

by Linda Living Joy Lorenzo on Thursday, April 22, 2010 at 11:40am


My Beloved Sisters and Brothers,

"O' Mitakuye Oyasin" ~ I bow in honor to All My Relations ~

The calendar has marked this date as "Earth Day"...
But indeed, the Elders understood that every day we walk upon this sacred soil
Is the day...the time...to Honor the Earth our Beloved Mother.

She is not simply a place by which we earn our keep or live our lives...
She is the haven, sustenance and nuturance which enables us to Walk our Path.
She is Consciousness,
She is Heart,
She is Alive,
She is Spirit.

She gives of herself freely...
Asking only that we honor her gifts...
And treat all who walk, crawl, swim or fly with dignity and respect.

On this "Earth Day" let it be my prayer...

Great Spirit, may we learn to become grateful and worthy stewards
of our Beloved Mother and all her children.

Many Blessings to you all...
Walk gently and with reverance upon the earth this day and everyday...
Listen for She has much to teach us...



Earth, Teach Me

Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young.
Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky.
Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall.
Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.

~ A Ute Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment