Thursday, June 23, 2011

In Celebration of Peace in Action (LLJL)

I wanted to take this chance to wish everyone a most Blessed Easter...and to share that this day is also, National Day of Nonviolence. This day commemorates the anniversary of the assassination of Dr.Martin Luther King, Jr. in 1968 by asking everyone to work harder for peace. This day is also the birthday of Beloved Soul Maya Angelou...Much to celebrate and to affirm on this day please keep thoughts of peace uppermost in your prayers, thoughts and intentions, and if you get the chance wish Miss Maya a Blessed Birthday! ~

May our Hearts and Minds, on this most glorious of days, be Resurrected out of the Shadows and into the Lights that we Are...May we roll back the stones of indifference, hate and greed and Shine the Light of Peace, Joy and Love wherever we go...May we go forth with conviction, to be the vessels of Action, Justice, Compassion and Truth!

"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity...At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love...A man who won't die for something is not fit to live." ~ MLK

"Out of the huts of history's shame
rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise."
~ Maya Angelou

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"..."I say, I've fed his sheep. Now I'll tend to them, ... tend to my sheep.”...“No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead he puts it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light.”... ~ Jesus the Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment